This Hadith mentions reciting a thousand salutations upon Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam).
1. Do I have to read a specific durud?
2. Do I need to recite the salutations a thousand times, physically, or can I say O Allah, send a thousand salutations upon Nabi (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam)?
3. And do I need to recite a thousand durud once only, or regularly?
For example; on one particular Friday I read durud a thousand times, or do I need to recite it a thousand times regularly?
1. There is no specific form for recital in this case.
2. The apparent meaning of this would be for one to physically recite the salutation a thousand times.
3. One should, as far as possible, be regular on all deeds. Therefore try and be constant on this routine of a thousand salutations (durud).
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar