My question is about the commentary of these Hadiths:
– “Sahih Bukhari (vol. 4, book 52, Hadith: 254) has a Hadith saying that,
“Allah wonders at those people who will enter Paradise in chains.”
– Abu Dawud’s version (Kitab al Jihad, Hadith: 2672) says:
Our Lord Most High is charmed with people who will be led to Paradise in chains.
1. This means that in a battle some unbelievers are captured and led to Muslim territory in chains. Later on they embrace Islam and thus enter Paradise by virtue of their belief.”
2. Another explanation I heard of this Hadith is that the Islamic system of shariah is so benevolent that the environment of Muslims who live in it will push them towards Jannah.
Can you please verify this commentary or any alternative commentaries the ulama have offered? Jazakallahu Khayran, Dear Ulama of Hadith,
The popular commentaries of Hadith mention the first explanation, with varied wordings along with the following:
– This could be referring to Muslims who were captured by the non believers, who died while chained/captured. These Muslims will also enter Jannah
(Fathul Bari, Hadith: 3010, ‘Umdatul Qari, Hadith: 3010 & Irshadus Sari, Hadith: 3010)
I haven’t seen the second one in any reference.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar