What is the virtue of coming to Jumu’ah Salah early?
And is there any virtue of sitting near the mimbar at the time of the Jumu’ah khutbah?
Among the virtues for both of the above is the following:
Sayyiduna Aws Ibn Aws (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu ’alayhi wasallam) said: Whoever (does the following on a Friday):
1. Takes a thorough bath,
2. Goes very early to the Masjid,
3. Goes walking, not riding,
4. Sits close to the imam (who would be on the mimbar)
5. Listens attentively to the khutbah (sermon)
6. Doesn’t engage in futile activity (like, talking to someone or fidgeting with his hair, clothes or cellphone etc)
Will receive for every step:
The reward for one year’s fast and one year’s Tahhajjud Salah!
(Sunan Abi Dawud and Tirmidhi, classified as Sahih by Imams: Ibn Khuzaimah, Ibn Hibban and Hakim -rahimahumullah- Refer: At-Targhib, vol.1 pg.488)
See here for more on this Hadith.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar