What is the status of the following Hadiths?
- “Whenever a Nabi would leave his nation, he would go to the Ka’bah to worship Allah and certainly there are 300 graves of Ambiya around the Ka’bah”
- “The grave of Hud, Salih and Shu’ayb (‘alayhimus salam) are in the Haram”
- “When a nation was destroyed, the Nabi went to Makkah to worship Allah Ta’ala until he passed away. The grave of Hud is between the Hajarul Aswad and the well of Zam Zam”
1) This narration is recorded in Kitabul Athar of Imam Muhammad ibn Hasan Ash Shaybani (rahimahullah) as the statement of the Tab’ut Tabi’i Salim ibn ‘Ajlan Al Aftas (rahimahullah), through a reliable chain. (Kitabul Athar, Hadith: 266)
2) This narration is also recorded in Kitabul Athar of Imam Muhammad ibn Hasan Ash Shaybani (rahimahullah) as the statement of ‘Ata ibn As Saib (rahimahullah), a Tabi’i through a suitable chain. (Kitabul Athar, Hadith: 267)
3) Imam Hakim (rahimahullah) has recorded this as the statement of ‘Abdur Rahman ibn Sabit (rahimahullah), a Tabi’i. (Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 2 pg. 563/564)
These narrations may be quoted as reported, i.e. attributed to the forenamed and not to Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam).
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar