Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:
“The person who reads Surah Ikhlas 100 times with wudu, beginning with Surah Fatihah, will receive the following virtues:
1. Allah Ta’ala will record ten good deeds for every letter
2. Erase ten sins
3. Elevate ten stages
4. Build one hundred palaces in Jannah
5. On that particular day Allah Ta’ala will grant him the reward of all of mankind
6. It will be as he has recited the Quran thirty three times
7. Serve as freedom from shirk
8. It will cause the Angels to be present
9. It is a cause for Shaytan to retreat
10. This reading will make a buzzing sound around the ‘Arsh, mentioning the reader by name, until Allah Ta’ala looks at the reader with mercy. Thus when Allah Ta’ala looks towards him/her he will never punish him.”
Imam Bayhaqi (rahimahullah) has recorded this narration with a weak chain.
(Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 2318)
‘Allamah Dhahabi (rahimahullah) has declared the narration unreliable. However, according to ‘Allamah Suyuti (rahimahullah), this ruling of unreliability is due a typographical error in some editions of Shu’abul Iman, which doesn’t appear in the version above.
(Refer: Mizanul I’tidal, vol. 1 pg. 615, Tanzihush Shari’ah, vol. 1 pg. 290)
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar