Kindly provide the reference of the following Hadith and verify the translation.
Sayyiduna Abu Dharr (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reported that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa salam) said:
“My close friend (i.e. Nabi sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) ordered me with seven things:
1) To love the poor and to be close to them
2) To look to those who are less [fortunate] than me and not to those who are above me
3) To maintain the ties of kinship even if they break them off
4) To not ask anyone for anything (i.e. to abstain from begging)
5) To say the truth even if it is unpleasant
6) To not fear the censure of the critics
7) To increase in saying: ‘La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah’ (There is no might nor power except with Allah), as it is from the treasures that are underneath the Throne.”
Imam Ahmad (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith worded just as in your question with a reliable chain.
(Musnad Ahmad, vol. 5 pg. 159. Refer: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol. 10 pg. 263)
Imam Ibn Hibban (rahimahullah) has recorded the Hadith in his Sahih with slight variation in the sequence and wording.
(Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al Ihsan, Hadith: 449)
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar