Can you mention a Hadith on the virtue of performing Jumu’ah Salah?
Hereunder are some Hadiths explaining the virtues of performing Jumu’ah Salah:
1) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “The five daily Salah, and [offering] one Jumu’ah to the next, are an expiation for whatever sins are committed in between, as long as one does not commit any major sin.”
(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 233)
2) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah (radiyallahu ‘anhu) reports that Nabi (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever takes a bath (ghusl), then comes for the Jumu’ah Salah and offers whatever is decreed/fixed for him, then keeps silent until the khutbah terminates and then offers Salah with the [Imam], will be forgiven between that time and the next Friday and an additional three days.”
(Sahih Muslim, Hadith: 857)
See a detailed article here on the virtues of Friday as well as the Jumu’ah Salah.
Kindly see the following links for the great virtues of proceeding early for Jumu’ah Salah:
- Virtue of going early for Jumu’ah and sitting near the mimbar
- Explanation of a Hadith on going early for Jumu’ah
- A virtue of arriving early for Jumu’ah
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar