Are the following Hadith authentic?
1) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: ‘Every prophet has a friend in paradise, my friend in it is ‘Uthman.’
Another version of the same Hadith:
2) Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said: ‘Uthman is my companion and with me in paradise.’
3) Sayyiduna Jabir (radiyallahu ‘anhu) narrates that Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam) came to lead the funeral prayer and did not pray (upon the deceased).
It was asked: ‘O Messenger of Allah, we have never seen you leave a funeral prayer for anyone.’
He replied: ‘He used to detest ‘Uthman so Allah detests him.’
1) This narration is declared weak by Imam Tirmidhi, ‘Allamah Busiri (rahimahullah) and others.
(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3698 & Misbahuz Zujajah, Hadith: 42)
2) This one is weak too, according to ‘Allamah Dhahabi (rahimahullah).
(Talkhisul Mustadrak, vol.3 pg.98)
3) This narration is considered extremely weak.
(Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 3709)
It should be noted that Sayyiduna ‘Uthman (radiyallahu’anhu) has several other authentic virtues.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar