Kindly provide an ‘amal (deed that I may carry out) for increase and Barakah in my rizq (sustenance)
There are various Prophetic prescriptions of Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) regarding barakah in sustenance. Among them are the following:
1) Additional spending on ‘Aashura. See here for details.
2) Reciting Surah Waqi’ah every night. See here for details.
3) Making Salam when entering the home. See here for details.
4) Making Nikah intending chastity. See here for details.
5) Reciting Subhanallahi Wa Bihamdihi. See here for details.
6) Reciting the famous du’a during Wudu. See here for details.
7) Abundant Istighfar. See here for details.
8) Joining Family ties. (Sahih Bukhari, Hadith: 5986)
However it is essential that one adopts Taqwa and abstains from sins which in essence decreases barakah. There are many verses of The Holy Quran wherein Allah states that through Taqwa (Allah consciousness and Fearing Allah), Allah will increase rizq.
Allah Ta’ala says:
1) “If the inhabitants of the villages believe and adopt Taqwa, We will open to them multitudes of blessings from the sky and the earth…”
(Surah A’araf, Verse: 96)
2) “Allah shall create a way out for the one who fears him and shall provide for him from sources he never expected…”
(Surah Talaq, Verse: 2 and 3)
See here for steps to becoming debt free.
And Allah Ta’ala knows best
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar