Is the following ‘amal proven from an authentic Hadith?
1. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, Surah Kafirun
2. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, Surah Nasr
3. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, Surah Ikhlas
4. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, Surah Falaq
5. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim, Surah Nas
6. Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Sayyiduna Jubayr ibn Mut’im (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) told him:
‘O Jubayr! When you go on journey, do you love to be in a better condition than your companions, and with more provisions than them?’
I said, Yes indeed.
He said: ‘Recite these five Surahs … by reciting the Bismillah before each surah and once at the end too.’
Sayyiduna Jubayr (radiyallahu’anhu) says:
‘I continued to practice this until I became the best of my traveling companions in appearance and provisions.’
(Musnad Abi Ya’la, Hadith: 7382. Also see: Majma’uz Zawaid, vol.10 pg.133-134)
The chain for this is weak, but suitable for practice, since ‘Allamah Jazari (rahimahullah) has also included it in his Hisnul Hasin.
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar