Is there any Hadith that instructs reciting Surah Ikhlas, Falaq and Naas after each salah and thereafter blowing onto hands and wiping on one’s body?
I have come across narrations before sleeping.
Sayyiduna ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Amir (radiyallahu’anhu) reports that Rasulullah (sallallahu’alayhi wasallam) instructed him to recite these surahs (Ikhlas, Falaq and Nas) after every salah.
This Hadith is recorded in the following primary Hadith sources without any mention of blowing on the hands and passing on the entire body:
1. Sunan Abi Dawud, Hadith: 1518
2. Sunan Nasai, Hadith: 1336 (Al-Mujtaba)
3. Sunan Tirmidhi, Hadith: 2903
4. Sahih Ibn Khuzaymah, Hadith: 755
5. Sahih Ibn Hibban; Al-Ihsan, Hadith: 2004
6. Mustadrak Hakim, vol.1 pg.253
7. Musnad Ahamd, vol.4 pg.155
8. and 9. Al-Mu’jamul Kabir, and Kitabud Du’a of Imam Tabarani, Hadith: 677
10. Shu’abul Iman, Hadith: 2330
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best,
Answered by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar
Checked by: Moulana Haroon Abasoomar