Kindly mention the reference and the Arabic text of this Hadith?
When Nabi Sulayman ibn Dawud finished building Baytul Maqdis/Masjid Al Aqsa, he asked Allah for three things:
(1) Judgement that was in harmony with Allah’s judgement, and he was given that.
(2) And he asked Allah for a dominion that no one after him would have, and he was given that.
(3) And when he finished building the Masjid he asked Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, that no one should come to Masjid al Aqsa, intending only to pray there, but he would emerge free of sin as the day his mother bore him.”
Imam Nasai (rahimahullah) has recorded this Hadith.
Sayyiduna ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr (radiyallahu ‘anhuma) reported from Rasulullah (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: “When Sulayman (‘alayhis salam) built Baytul Maqdis, he asked Allah for three favours;
1) Judgement that was in harmony with His judgement, and he was given that. (i.e. He asked Allah to be able to pass correct rulings and judgements)
2) He asked Allah for a dominion that no one after him would have, and he was given that.
3) And when he completed building the Masjid he asked Allah ‘Azza wa Jalla that no one should come to it [Masjidul Aqsa], only intending to offer Salah there, but he would emerge free of sin just as the day his mother bore him.”
(Sunan Nasai; Al Mujtaba, Hadith: 693)
Also see here
عن عبد الله بن عمرو، عن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: أن سليمان بن داود صلى الله عليه وسلم لما بنى بيت المقدس سأل الله عز وجل خلالا ثلاثة: سأل الله عز وجل حكما يصادف حكمه فأوتيه، وسأل الله عز وجل ملكا لا ينبغي لأحد من بعده فأوتيه، وسأل الله عز وجل حين فرغ من بناء المسجد أن لا يأتيه أحد لا ينهزه إلا الصلاة فيه أن يخرجه من خطيئته كيوم ولدته أمه
And Allah Ta’ala Knows best.
Answered by: Moulana Suhail Motala
Approved by: Moulana Muhammad Abasoomar